The past two years have hit the hospitality trade hard. Not only did people have to postpone holidays, but also weddings were put on the backburner. Now that it appears we are heading out of the covid-19 pandemic in the right direction, those wedding plans are back on track and with the full quota of guests allowed.
With wedding venues now experiencing a rush of bookings, you must plan to secure the right place. If you are thinking about a Long Island wedding, this is a priority as this is one of the most popular wedding locations in the region. Long Island is home to some very fine wedding venues and makes a stunning backdrop, so let’s have a look at the location and see why it is so special, and then we’ll talk about how to choose your ideal Long Island wedding venue.
What’s Special About Long Island?
Long Island is an attractive island in the metropolitan area of New York, and it is a large island home to most of the population of New York. A wonderfully evocative destination with plenty of green spaces and waterfront choices, it is also home to some of the best wedding venues in the area.
Which is always booked to the brim and you will need to get in early to secure your wedding date. What are the reasons for the popularity of Long Island as a wedding location, and what should you look for in your chosen venue? That’s what we want to have a look at next. For example, check out https://theinnatnhp.com/long-island-wedding-venues.
Why is Long Island Popular for Weddings?
There are many reasons why Long Island is a popular wedding venue, including the following:
• There is a vast choice of hotels and other venues specializing in weddings and other events.
• Waterfront settings that make a perfect backdrop to a spectacular wedding event.
• Large green spaces and parks for superb photo opportunities.
• Specialized service providers are working in Long Island in catering, photography, wedding cars, and general furnishings.
• Availability of local event planners who can secure the best venues thanks to their contacts.
• Ease of access for guests in cars and via the public transport network.
• A prestigious address at which to hold a wedding and the following reception.
Long Island is central and therefore easy to reach for locals and those from afar. New York is well-served by airports, and there is plenty of opportunity from transfers from the airports to hotels on Long Island or elsewhere in the New York area.
What should you look for in a Long Island Wedding Venue? Let’s look at some of the things that you need to consider before you choose your ideal venue.
What to Look for in a Long Island Wedding Venue
The art of choosing a wedding venue lies in knowing how many people you are expecting, what sort of wedding and reception you are going to have, and what your overall budget is. There is more to planning a wedding on Long Island than you might think, so here’s a checklist of factors you need to consider:
• What is your overall budget? This must include all the elements from the venue itself to the catering, furnishing, and flowers, waiting for staff and so on, as well as transport laid on for those who need it. The benefit of working with a leading Long Island wedding venue is that they will supply everything under one contract – even down to the photographer they usually use.
• How many guests are you expecting? Smaller venues that cater for fewer people are the best choice if you have a select wedding service, and then they can provide a larger room for the evening or day reception at which more people may be invited. Talk to wedding venues about what they can offer in this area as you need to ensure you have everyone catered for.
• Where do you want the service to take place? Are you getting married in a Long Island church or chapel, or in the wedding venue itself? Many are licensed to hold the service indoors or outdoors, with a waterfront backdrop being extremely popular for a tranquil and charming service.
• Is the reception a free for all casual party or a more formal affair? Either way, your wedding venue will be able to cater to your desires and make it the event you want it to be.
You should also consider whether children are present at the service, reception, or neither. It is quite common and acceptable to have a no-children wedding these days, and the choice is yours. So, what can a Long Island wedding venue do that will help make your big day a special one?
Making Your Big Day Special
Choosing the right Long Island wedding venue will enable you to bring all elements of planning and hosting a wedding under one roof. These people are professionals who have done this many times and who understand what it takes to make a wedding day perfect from beginning to end. They will start by sitting down with you and discussing the type of wedding you want to enjoy, and they will show you various suites and rooms available for wedding use.
This is the best way to be certain of a wedding that runs smoothly, is as beautiful as you imagine, and is less stressful for you in the days leading up to it. Put your wedding plans in the hands of a Long Island wedding venue and the professional, experienced team they have in-house, and you will be given a day to remember forever. Start your search now, as weddings are back, and the best venues are filling up fast.