Fashion has always been favorable to women and that is why it is much easier for them than for men to make an elegant and casual combination out of one fashion item. In fact, they have too many choices that they can make with different clothing items.
And what should men do? Which clothing item is a must-have in every season? What to wear on a wedding day? Our pick is none other than loafers! Today there are countless variations when it comes to this shoe. And each of them can be combined differently.
But we have to warn you that there are some rules you must follow when it comes to this shoe. All these rules depend on the type of loafers you have chosen and the event you are attending. If you have no idea what I’m talking about because you’ve just started entering this big world of fashion and exploring your style, then you’re in the right place.
Make yourself comfortable and follow the instructions until the end of the text, which will surely help you!
How To Style Loafers For Men?
Before we start explaining what types of these shoes there are and how to wear them, it is important to teach you the basics.
Let’s begin with SOCKS. These shoes are one of the few that look great and are equally comfortable with or without socks.
Of course, we advise you not to make huge mistakes when combining the colors of socks and loafers like black and brown.
That’s a big NO and you should remember that!
In addition, when you decide to wear these shoes, keep it simple – but not too simple! A tracksuit and these shoes are never a good combination, so you should avoid them when you go to the gym.
And for other tricks, just follow the following rules!
1. If you are not sure, choose the classics!
And the classic is none other than the penny loafer! And that’s why this shoe is the safest option. There is a huge selection of colors, so you can choose the one you like the most. In addition to the choice of colors, there is also a large selection of brands that produce this type of shoe, so you will be able to choose shoes that suit you better, either in terms of price or brand names.
When you decide where and what color you will buy these loafers, start looking in your closet for slim dark denim, which always looks great with this shoe! Besides that, high-waisted pants in earth tones are a great combination with a pair of these penny loafers that will never let you down.
Whether you’re going to a business meeting or a simple date, you’ll always look great!
2. Choose good brands!
We will agree that regardless of the fact that these shoes can do you the favor of looking stylish, they are not all-powerful. If you decide on the cheapest version, you will most likely not achieve a good look. Just like any clothing item that looks cheap due to poor quality, loafers can be unflattering on your feet as well.
Of course, we don’t advise you to buy the most expensive shoe in this variant, because that is also not necessary unless you are a high fashion fanatic. As we mentioned a little while ago, there are a large number of brands that produce this type of footwear. Well, you will easily find a high-quality but not too expensive loafer if you make an effort. We are here to help you and advise you to look at the selection offered by Bruno Marc shoes at the following link: https://www.brunomarcshoes.com/collections/loafers.
3. Don’t Overdo It
If you ever get an invitation to the Met Gala and the theme is to dress formally, I’m afraid loafers won’t be on the red carpet.
Anna Wintour would be appalled by this fact, and so would many others.
As much as this shoe is adapted to any style, there are still some limits. If you decide to wear them and you have in mind to wear something that is not ordinary, stick to pants and a shirt only.
Even a shorts and loafers look ten times better together than a formal black suit. Even a pair of khaki shorts, a plain t-shirt and loafers make a perfect combination for summer.
4. Explore Your Options
In addition to the penny loafer, there are other styles of this shoe that may be more suitable for you, so take a look at all the possible options until you find one that is right for you. We have selected our favorites that may help you in your selection, and they are:
• Horsebit – a shoe that went mainstream thanks to Gucci. It can be worn in summer and spring as well as at any time of the day. It is among the first on the list when it comes to choosing this shoe.
• Espadrilles – the most common choice among women, but also among men. They really give the impression of a simple and casual style. They are not really suitable for rain, but they are ideal for cocktails on the beach
• Slipper – Another casual variant that is perfect for autumn. Although the name itself seems like they are too ordinary, we assure you that they are not.
• Kiltie – This is the loafer in which we can see Harry Styles, so if you’re a fan of his style of dressing, get your credit card ready! With these shoes and a nice coat in autumn, you will look perfect.
• Tassel – The favorite shoe of all Europeans. No one knows why it is like that, but as soon as you step into Rome or Paris on the feet of men, you will easily and quickly notice them. They are suitable for both summer and autumn, as well as for every day.
• Boat – They saw the light of day when Prada decided to take them under their wing. This is not a shoe for anyone over 30, but it is perfect for a high school or college guy.
We hope that now it is at least a little easier for you if you felt hopeless at the beginning of this text. Of course, you don’t have to strictly adhere to this rule because fashion is about experimentation, but if you are a perfectionist it is good to know some of these tips.